4 Arrested Over Alleged Illegal Gambling in Candon City
Four people were arrested for allegedly taking part in an illegal gambling game locally known as “pusoy dos” in Barangay Calongbuyan, Candon City, Ilocos Sur, police said.
Read more Football
Personnel of the Candon City Police Station arrested the 4 suspects, according to a police report released on Thursday, August 20. The arrests were made over an alleged violation of Presidential Decree No. 1602, which penalizes illegal gambling activities.
Police Conduct Operation in Barangay
These arrests were conducted in Barangay Calongbuyan, where the 4 persons were reportedly playing the card game. No information regarding the names of the suspects and other relevant details of the operation was disclosed to the public.
The police report identified “pusoy dos” as the gambling activity involved in the case. This particular game is reported to be considered an illegal activity based on the violation mentioned in the report at the Candon City Police Station.
This report does not mention anything about the recovery of gambling materials or money from the suspects who were arrested during this police operation in the barangay.
Case Handled Under Existing Law
Police said the suspects were brought into custody for documentation and proper disposition. The process will be carried out in accordance with existing laws and procedures.
The arrest was made under Presidential Decree No. 1602. The above decree is the legal basis used by the police in connection with the illegal gambling game.
No information was provided in the police report regarding the potential penalties faced by the four suspects or if charges had been filed against them in court. The 4 individuals remained subject to the legal process following their arrest.
Read more Aftermath Slot Review
Police Continue Local Enforcement
Lt. Col. Rodel C. Del Castillo, chief of the Candon City Police Station, said the arrest formed part of local police efforts to curb illegal activities.
The statement placed the operation within the police station’s broader enforcement work in Candon City. No additional arrests or related operations were reported in the police account.
The authorities also did not state whether the suspects had entered pleas or whether the case had moved beyond the documentation stage. Their custody and disposition will follow existing procedures cited by the police.
Investigation And Disposition Follow
The case remains connected to the alleged gambling activity in Barangay Calongbuyan and the cited violation of Presidential Decree No. 1602. The police station will proceed with documentation and the proper disposition of the suspects under applicable procedures.
The arrest shows that local police are continuing to monitor and act against alleged illegal gambling activities in Candon City. Further developments will depend on the next steps taken under the law and the outcome of the case involving the 4 arrested individuals.
No Further Details Released
The police report did not identify the exact time of the arrest or provide information about the alleged participants’ backgrounds. It also did not state whether other people were being sought in connection with the activity.
For now, the 4 suspects remain covered by the documentation and disposition procedures described by police. The case is being handled under the legal framework cited in the report, while authorities continue their efforts against illegal activities in the city.
Read more NFL
Source: Inquirer.net


Comments